Legal Question in Personal Injury in Utah

We are planning to put a half pipe in our backyard for our son to skateboard on. If we allow his friends us it, how do we protect ourselves if there is an injury from possible legal issues.

Asked on 3/17/12, 8:22 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Cory Wall Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C.

To be honest with you, the half pipe probably isn't a good idea unless you have substantial insurance and the insurance company is willing to give you a rider on your policy for it. Even if you get the parents of the other children to sign releases, it's not an absolute guarantee that you won't be exposed to some liability issues.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/12, 10:14 pm
Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

You must get a release from the parents of the other children. Contact your home insurance company to see what special protection they would recommend.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/12, 2:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Utah