Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Virginia

The company I worked for let go of all employees and closed it's doors. It wrote bad checks to employees for time worked and owes for vacation/commissions. There is a lawsuit against this company by bank. I checked court records and sent letter to the lawyer defending company. No response then I hear there is another attorneys office representing this company. Is there anyways to find out who is representing company in court? Are court records updated when there is a change of lawyers?

Asked on 5/27/15, 6:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Antoinette Wooten The Wooten Legal Consulting, PC

If the company is in Bankruptcy you can obtain the name of the attorney representing the company through the clerk's office.

You can also obtain the name of the lawyer for the lawsuit through the clerk's office.

Are you interested in filing a claim against this company?

You should contact an attorney in your area to discuss your options regarding this matter.


Read more
Answered on 5/27/15, 7:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Virginia