Legal Question in Business Law in Virginia

I am starting a sole member LLC in Virginia which will sub contract out landscaping in other states. Do I need to obtain a business license in each of those states, if I will not be physically performing any of the work?

Asked on 7/26/17, 2:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sean Hanover Hanover Law

You would need to check with each state. Generally, the rule of thumb is that you need a license in any state where you collect money or do work. However, if sub contractors are actually doing the work, and all payments are centralized in your home state, you would probably be safe with a business license in your home state, and requiring each sub contractor to have a license in their respective state.

However, YOU MUST check with each state in which you plan to have sub contractors. This is a state by state specific requirement.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/17, 3:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Virginia