Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Virginia

Grandmother has custody of 2 girls but wants to give 1 of the girls to my husband can she do that

Asked on 6/07/17, 3:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, if this grandmother has formal legal custody of

these two girls, then she has so-called standing, i.e., legal eligibility to have a motion filed in her behalf to amend the custody order to have one of these two girls transferred to the custody of your husband. (However, that in no way means that the court will necessarily agree to it and grant the motion as it first and foremost must determine whether such a transfer would be in the best interests of the child at issue.)

Read more
Answered on 6/08/17, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Virginia