Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

What do I do if I was arrested for a probation violation and I have no bond?

Asked on 3/15/20, 9:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If at all possible arrange for a criminal defense attorney to represent you

and who may have experience in dealing with the court in which you've been charged.

If, however, you must represent yourself in this matter, file a motion for

bond review and if you've already had one hearing on the issue

of bond, then file for another such hearing. (And you may wish to

cite the 8th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in support of your

motion which prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment" and which has been cited in some cases where an accused has been unreasonably denied bond.)

Office Tel. (703) 340-1655

Read more
Answered on 3/15/20, 1:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia