Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

An order of Protection was issued in NY (Bronx County Supreme Criminal Court)i n 2008 for someone with the same first and last name and the same birth date; however, I have never been to NY (except the airport). I spoke with the Bronx County DA's Office and was told that once the information is entered into the system , it cannot be changed and I would have to get a Good Conduct Certificate to carry with me or speak to an attorney. I reside in VA. How can I fix this problem?

Asked on 6/22/10, 3:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

I would suggest your calling a New York criminal defense counsel who should be able to advise you regarding the best way to go about getting this information

purged form their system(assuming that such is wholly incorrect and involves

someone other than you).

Read more
Answered on 6/22/10, 11:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia