Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

children's GAL

the gal for my children encouraged m to petition the courts to remove my husband's visitation rights due to a founded case of sexual abuse at DSS. then she turned around and encouraged him to petition for MORE visitation. in fact, the petitions are dated the very same day. it's bad enough that my father is trying to get custody without having the GAL play me and my husband off against each other. can she do this? she was well aware of the founded case at DSS, as I produces the paperwork. i don't think she had the kids' best interests at heart. what should i do?

Asked on 3/18/09, 1:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: children's GAL

One option would be for you to write a letter to the judge asking that s/he appoint someone else as G.A.L. for the reason(s) you've suggested.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/09, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia