Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Virginia

My question is regarding my child's father who is incarcerated right now for a probation violation. We went to court this past February for a child support hearing for his 2 oldest children and the judge ordered him to obtain a job and to begin paying child support--well he also had to court for a probation violation and was given 9 months to serve. Will he be penalized for non-payment while he is incarcerated?

Asked on 4/14/11, 7:21 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, very likely he will be penalized in some form unless he submits a

written request to the court to have his current support order suspended until he

can complete his jail sentence for the probation violation and can secure gainful employment.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/11, 1:33 pm
sheryl shane sheryl shane, attorney at law

You can always file motion for back support. Court may pressure him to pay arrearage in order to avoid going back to jail. Website: Sheryl Shane, Attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/11, 1:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Virginia