Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

I am moving out of a place that I rented and the landlord is trying to give half of my deposit to a person just because they say I owe them money can they do that

Asked on 1/07/20, 8:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No,your landlord cannot withhold returning your rent deposit or part thereof (at least legally) based upon

this kind of circumstance.

Office Tel (703) 346-3542

Read more
Answered on 1/08/20, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia