Legal Question in Social Security Law in Virginia

how do i file for my 5 year old for death benefits her father passed away when she was 6months

Asked on 3/15/10, 11:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Lutkenhaus Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer

Just go to your local Social Security Office and file a claim for survivorship benefits. If you were not married to the father of the baby, you will have to prove paternity (that the deceased was the fatheer of your child). If you have no proof, then you hve a problem since he died five years ago. It may be difficult to do a blood test now. You can also review my website at

Jerry Lutkenhaus

Read more
Answered on 3/20/10, 9:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Virginia