Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Washington




14 verified lawyers are online

Carolina Tapia

Welcome! How can I help with your legal question?

Hello, I live in king county Seattle and was living in a trailer that I towed behind with my truck when I had to move locations. Last week I got a sticker that if I didn't move I would be towed in 72hrs. The night before time was up I was in process of moving but had an accident and broke my arm and loosing my keys in the situation. Because I couldn't move my truck or trailer I ended up getting towed that morning. I've been towed by a couple of people that if I'm living in the trailer or truck it's not allowed to be towed per a ruling by supreme court in 2021 I believe. People that told me are not lawyers though so I am here asking. My question is, is there anything I can do? I cannot afford to get out and now I'm just outside in the elements .Thank you for your time in advance.

Asked on 11/08/23, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Wow this is an awful situation! Who towed the trailer? Was it on private property, or public property and towed by the town, or the police? That makes a difference. And, what do you mean "is there anything you can do?" Did you get your trailer back? Is that what you want? So what is it that you want out of this situation? I don't know. If you want to sue someone for your troubles because your rights were violated, yes you can see a lawyer and pay a $10,000 retainer and the lawyer will figure out who to sue. But this isn't something you can handle by yourself, and no lawyer is going to take on this case for free.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/08/23, 9:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Washington