Legal Question in DUI Law in Washington

I was convicted of a DUI in Washington state two years ago, and missed a court date last November due to moving. It was a failure to comply hearing due to me not getting the results of a chemical dependency eval due to the previously mentioned move. I was arrested on the bench warrant, and given a court date for a revocation of suspended sentence hearing for next month. Next week, because that eval is now expired, I am getting another eval done and will enter treatment if its required to be back in compliance. Should I be worried?

Asked on 8/20/11, 2:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Baner Baner & Baner

Yes. Contact the DUI attorney you had back then to ask for specific tips. Call Department of assigned counsel in your county if you cannot afford an attorney. I don't see how you'll be able to pin the failure to appear at the court date AND the failure to get chemical dependency evaluation done both on moving. You'll really need to show that the move was very important and complex.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/11, 10:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Washington