Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

how do I combat attorney fees of the opposing party, on a false accusation of a domestic violence case. Spouse was taken to jail...but then called in a false protection order against me...Can attorney fees be paid to respondent, and financial sanctions be put on petitioner for perjury.

Asked on 4/20/20, 9:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Janal Rich Law Office of Janal M. Rich, pllc

Typically attorney fees are not awarded in a domestic violence petition case. Those are typically awarded as part of a dissolution, whether you receive them depends on if the DVPO is filed in the dissolution as well as other factors.

Please feel free to contact my office to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/20, 9:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington