Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

If I were to get married to a man who pays child support to his ex wife, will my salary be included when it goes up for review next time? Or only based on his salary?

Asked on 9/25/18, 8:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Janal Rich Law Office of Janal M. Rich, pllc

In WA, child support is based on the incomes of the parents. Incomes of step-parents are not included when calculating the standard transfer amount. However, the court can consider it if a deviation is requested (as the total financial situation of both homes is considered).

I hope that answers your question. If you need more information, please call my office at (253)237-0546.

Janal Rich

Read more
Answered on 9/25/18, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington