Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

Us citizen marrying uk citizen to live in uk

I am a Us citizen and my fiance is a UK citizen, we want to get married in the US and live in the UK. Is it best to get married here and then apply for my spousal visa? How long does that take? Is this the best way?

Thank you

Asked on 4/10/08, 2:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tahmina Watson Watson Immigration Law, LLC

Re: Us citizen marrying uk citizen to live in uk

Hi, my suggestion would be to speak with an immigration specialist in the UK. Getting married is the easy part, wherever you want to do it. The question will be whether you have to wait in the US and how long before you can move to the UK. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/08, 6:58 pm
Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: Us citizen marrying uk citizen to live in uk

Applying for a green card in the U.S. will require an interview in the U.S. approximately 6-8 months after filing.

After that, certain residency requirements have to be met in order to retain the green card.

A K-3 spouse visa is typically valid for 2 years and allows travel back and forth between the U.S. and a foreign country.

It depends on what your priorities are.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/08, 2:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington