Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

Illegal immigration

I understand that a person may obtain a green card and ultimately citizenship through the marriage to an american citizen. My question is around options available for obtaining a greencard when wanting to marry a person who is currently illegal and living within the US.

Asked on 9/13/07, 4:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stewart Michael D. Stewart

Re: Illegal immigration

With limited exception, you cannot become legal on the basis of an illegal.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/07, 6:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington