Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington


How long it will take to bring your spouse to US. My fiancee visa was denied. I am thinking of getting married and apply the fresh application. I am US citizen

Asked on 12/31/07, 2:07 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Tahmina Watson Watson Immigration Law, LLC

Re: Marriage

Hi there,

The marriage visa will take about 9-12 months depending on the country your fiancee is from. I think it is a good idea to apply afresh, rather than appeal, as appeal decisions take quite some time. You might want to note the reason your fiancee visa was denied and ensure that issue is not an issue in the next application.

Best wishes,


Read more
Answered on 12/31/07, 2:13 pm
James J. White, attorney Law Offices of Smith & White, PLLC

Re: Marriage

You should sit down with an immigration attorney and review why the fiancee visa was denied. Some bases for denial cannot be cured by marriage. Depending on the basis for denial, you may need to appeal the decision although, generally speaking, a fresh application is the easiest, fastest and most cost effective.

At your service,

Read more
Answered on 1/06/08, 5:18 pm
Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: Marriage

It'll take around 6 months to get approved in the U.S., followed by a few months abroad depending upon the country your wife is from.

Read more
Answered on 1/01/08, 9:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington