Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

What will hapen if I get divorce?

I'm maried with a US citizen since november 2005, I'm not going to get divorce. But I'll like to know my rights if I get divorce now and in 5 or 10 yeas. I'm pregnant now.I'll be a citizen less then 2 years.

Asked on 10/18/07, 1:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James J. White, attorney Law Offices of Smith & White, PLLC

Re: What will hapen if I get divorce?

If you are a citizen already then the divorce will not affect your status. If you are a permanent resident than you may have to prove that the marriage was a true marriage. Contact me directly if you'd like more assistance.

At your service,

Read more
Answered on 10/18/07, 3:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington