Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

Fall in a parking lot

After having a few drinks with my sister-in-law, we headed to our cars. (I was not drunk). I stepped into a small hole in the parking lot and fell. I landed so hard I knocked the wind out of me. I cracked 3 ribs and cracked my breast bone, bruised my knee and breast, pulled muscles and scrapped up my arm. The pain is extremely severe. I take pain medication to try and sleep at night. I waited until after the weekend to see a doctor (the cost of emergency services is to expensive). I am still working. Can I get the parking lot owner to pay at least my medical bills? What is the procedure I need to go through? Any help would be appreciated. Do I have a time frame? Should I forget the whole thing?

Asked on 8/29/03, 12:28 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Fall in a parking lot

Your ability to recover depends upon many factors. I have successfully recovered compensation for similar fall cases. You would need to call me for a free telephone consultation regarding your case. My toll free number is 1-866-700-3886 and my office hours are 10-6, M-F. I'll be out of the office tomorrow, 9/2 in court in another county but will be back in the office on Wednesday, 9/3.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/03, 2:51 pm
Todd Peterson Peterson Law Offices, PC

Re: Fall in a parking lot

I have succesfully recovered money for a similar slip and fall case. The inebriated client was leaving a bar and fell down a ramp and was seriously injured. You need to show negligence on the part of the bar owner, however. A small hole in the parking lot may not qualify as negligence. I'd be happy to give a free telephone consultation on the particulars of the incidence: 1-800-908-1900.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/03, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington