Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

Liability and Tort Law

I have a second home. I allow three indviduals, not related to me, to live in this house. They are told, by me, not to allow any alcohol consumption on the property.

They want to have a party and ask my spouse for permission to have a party with alocohol. My spouse gives permission.

One of their invited guests consumes enough alcohol to be legally intoxicated (greater than 0.8). This individual then drives, and is involved in an accident causing either damage or injury to others or to others property.

WHo is liable and to what extent?

Thank you

They invite others, not known to me, to a party.

Asked on 6/12/07, 7:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Merry Kogut Key Peninsula Law

Re: Liability and Tort Law

Both you and your drunk guest would be liable. As far as dividing responsibility, that would be a question of facts for a jury to decide.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/07, 4:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington