Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

Loss of Consortium Claims

Can a spouse who is claiming loss of consortium from personal injuries suffered by her husband recovery her expenses of seeing a psychiatrist and can that psychiatrist testify at trial on her behalf?

Asked on 7/17/07, 1:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Merry Kogut Key Peninsula Law

Re: Loss of Consortium Claims

Perhaps. Whether the spouse can recover depends on the jury or judge's decision.

The psychiatrist can be subpoened to testify, but note that he or she will probably charge a lot.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/07, 5:31 pm
Victor Ro The Ro Law Firm

Re: Loss of Consortium Claims

Generally, a spouse may claim for loss of consortium; however, based on each individual's case, recovery amounts may vary. If you would like to discuss further, please call The Ro Law Firm. Thank You.

Victor Ro, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/07, 10:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington