Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

In case I'm put into a nursing home I want my children to have everything I do I go about this? I already have a will but I don't want what ever amount of my Monet paying for a nursery home how do I do this?

Asked on 1/18/16, 10:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

It sounds like a Special Needs Trust is what you need. Without going into too much detail, you put assets into a trust that a trustee manages for your benefit while you are alive and then the trust assets are not considered (after a waiting period) as yours for purposes of qualifying you for governmental assistance. After your death, the trust assets are distributed to whoever you designated when you set up the trust. This explanation is oversimplified, here, but easy to understand with a little face time.

Let me know if you have other questions or feel free to call me. (206)624-6761.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/16, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington