Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

Does Washington State require payment of child support beyond the non-custodial parent's death?

Asked on 6/09/15, 8:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Peter Mogren Mogren, Glessner & Ahrens, P.S.

As a general rule, no. However, you could enter an Order of Child Support that secures that responsiblity by the non-custodial parent's estate. That is usually not an issue, becuase in most cases, the amount of Social Security the child would receive is greater than the amount of child support the parent was receiving.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/15, 9:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington