Legal Question in Business Law in Wisconsin

3 years ago I walked away from a small business, but was unable to remove some of the larger property. Coolers, counters etc. The building has sat empty but now there has been a fire. Can I make a clam for any of my property?

Asked on 6/04/17, 1:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Assuming that you did nothing to cause the fire and that you continued to pay the fire insurance premiums covering this property, you should discuss a possible fire insurance claim with your lawyer. I am assuming, of course, that you still own the damaged items, rather than a bank or the landlord. Check both your lease and your financing paperwork for the answer to that question, as well as your insurance policy, and show them to your lawyer as well.

This answer is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer just because I answered it on a public website. Feel free to view my past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising. .

Read more
Answered on 6/04/17, 2:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Wisconsin