Legal Question in Business Law in Wisconsin

my w'4 at work was changed at work from single, with no exemptions to married with 4 exemptions, I inquired about it with personal and was told that it happened to" her" plus several other people in the store. do I have a legal right to go after my employer? I had to pay federal taxes $1908 because of what happened. I already put in for retirement so my refund would of been a little bit of a cushion, but instead had to pay in. The only ones that I am aware of that can change anything on our accounts is personal, management, or hackers

Asked on 4/01/17, 3:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Your total taxes owed would have been the same either way, although more withheld means less remaining taxes owed on April 15th and avoidance of a surprise emergency. It therefore sounds as though somebody might have done you a favor, since would have owed a lot more on your return if this change had not been made.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else's, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others . Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising. See also .

Read more
Answered on 4/02/17, 6:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Wisconsin