Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Wisconsin

Can a loan company change the amount that I wrote on a check

Asked on 12/15/19, 8:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

I'm not sure but they can sure try, and they will certainly get away with it if you or your lawyer don't do anything to stop it, unless you authorized such things in your loan agreement. Take a look at the fine print and see if it gives them the right to correct errors, of which a minor change could be an example. Larger changes (thousands of dollars, for example), probably would not qualify.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/20, 6:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Wisconsin