Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

10+ years [at 13 years old] I was manipulated into sexual acts with an adult, he has an open case in the county I resided in because [from the looks of his charges] he must've done it again with another girl. One of his charges is child pornography and I'm absolutely terrified he has pictures of video of me! Is there anything I can do now as an adult? It was a relatives significant other at the time so no charges were ever brought against him in my case... . .

Asked on 1/09/17, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Yes, you could sue for civil damages and injunctive relief, ordering him to turn over or destroy any pictures that he has, but would need to pay a lawyer to do all that, which might not be worth it if the perpetrator has no assets. Short of that, however, you should simply talk with the detective assigned to the currently pending charges, who will probably refer you to another investigator in the jurisdiction where this all occurred. Your identity as a crime victim would normally be screened from public records. Beware the statute of limitations, however, which could potentially ruin both claims.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else's, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others . Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising. .

Read more
Answered on 1/11/17, 2:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin