Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

My dad found I had been stealing his coins for money to spend on meth. He told me either I go turn over my drugs & confess to the coins, or the cops would come find me. I voluntarily handed over 3 pipes & a gram of meth, & then told the whole truth about my use & the coins. Before being questioned, I was not told I would be video taped, that I was allowed to speak with an attorney, or that my statements would be used against me. 2 days later I spoke to a drug investigator who then convinced me to become a CI. The next day, I wore my 1st wire. Still have not been told of what I am charged with. Any wrong doing on their end?

Asked on 4/09/18, 8:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

There is much-wrong doing on your end if you are wearing a wire and then talking about it online, so I would address that first if I were youo. Meth dealers, and particularly, manufacturers or smugglers of meth and other drugs, are usually serious people who don't have much to lose, and who do not to take kindly to informants. If you want to stay alive, you should therefore get a lawyer and start getting your legal advice in the privacy of a lawyer's conference room, rather than over the internet. The short answer to your question is "yes," what they are doing is legal if you consent to it, which you most certainly have done by going along with the arrangement.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, nor make your information confidential, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can see my past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at , or Answers are not intended as legal advice, may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in public attorney advertising materials, unless you request otherwise. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege..

Read more
Answered on 4/22/18, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin