Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

How does the district attorney Office have to charge someone

Asked on 5/14/18, 6:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

It is done through the filing of a sworn criminal complaint with the circuit court, signed by the DA, which can then be served upon the defendant either through arresting the him or by sending him a summons.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney or entitle your information to attorney/client privilege, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at . See 15 years of past answers at Answers are not intended as legal advice, may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in public attorney advertising materials, unless you request otherwise. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/18, 1:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin