Legal Question in Criminal Law in Wisconsin

Hi I live in Janesville, wi, I live in a mobile home with my .boyfriend. We are both on the lease and title. He does not like my mom ands says she is not allowed in the house and If I let her in he will call the cops and have me arrested. Can he do that?

Asked on 5/29/18, 6:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

You need to resolve this issue between yourselves or split up eventually, since the law will offer no practical resolution of it. Most people would not want to live with anyone who could not tolerate their parents, so you should consider seeking out a professional family therapist to talk you through whether you should stay or depart from this living arrangement. That being said, people who are listed on a lease have certain rights, which might very well include having certain guests over temporarily. My guess is therefore that the police would probably not want to get involved in this civil domestic situation unless it leads to some sort of illegal or dangerous conduct.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else's, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Answering this question does not make me your attorney or entitle your information to attorney/client privilege, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at . See 15 years of past answers at Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in attorney advertising materials. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege. .

Read more
Answered on 6/14/18, 1:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Wisconsin