Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

My ex husband lives in Illinois and I live in Wisconsin. We have joint custody of our two girls with him having primary placement, he wants to move them to Georgia. Is there anything i can do to stop him from taking them there?

Asked on 10/07/15, 9:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Kowalski Kowalski Family Law, LLC

The first question is whether your divorce judgment is from Wisconsin or Illinois. If it is from Wisconsin, then one of you would have to file a motion to change placement due to the relocation. I would be happy to discuss the situation with you. Cases involving relocation of children can be very difficult, and I suggest that you work with an experienced attorney.

I am a Wisconsin attorney, so I could not speak to Illinois law. If your judgment is in Illinois, I recommend that you contact an attorney there.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/15, 8:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin