Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

I have a son who lives in Hayward Wisconsin, with his wife and four children. His wife left the house for three weeks. He is disabled from cancer and believes the cancer is back. He was caring for all four of the children while his wife was out doing what ever she wanted for the three weeks. She told him she wanted a divorce and went and talked to an attorney. She moved back in the home and now she is having him evected from the home. He has no family in Hayward and no where to go. Can she just have him thrown out of his home? He also has a son from a previous living with him that we have legal custody of. She is going to try and keep him there can she do this?

Asked on 12/29/10, 1:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

He cannot be evicted from a home in which he lives. A court, as part of a divorce, may hear arguments in a temporary hearing as to which party should occupy the family residence until the divorce has been concluded.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/11, 8:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin