Legal Question in Personal Injury in Wisconsin

My daughter was in a car accident where she was the passenger in the front passenger seat of a car that was t-boned and the car that hit the car she was in hit the front passenger door squarely. She had to be taken out through the driver side door because of the damage to her side of the car. She had a concussion, whiplash, and injured her lower back. She had cat scans of her face and head and x-rays of her neck, back, and hip, all on the right side due to the impact. Luckily all the test came back negative and all the injuries were muscle related and no broken bones or herniated disks. She was released from the doctor three weeks after the accident with a follow up appointment in one month. She still has lower back pain but the doctor said it is muscle related. She was taken to a children's hospital by ambulance. She is 16 years old and luckily in good physical shape due to her being active in sports. She is recovered all the way except for some minor pain in her lower back. I'm guessing her bills could come close to $10000.00. The insurance company is taking care of the bills. How muck in compensation should I ask for my daughter?

Asked on 8/18/14, 9:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Pasternak Pasternak & Zirgibel S.C.

In my opinion, you should get an attorney. Every case is different, but given the nature and extent of your daughter's injuries I highly recommend an experienced personal injury lawyer from the State where the accident took place be hired. Check sources like The Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, and Martindale Hubbell's Preeminent Lawyers. I think that if you do this yourself, you are doing your daughter a disservice.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/14, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Wisconsin