Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

My Father-in-law recently passed away. My husband, his oldest son passed away Nov 2008 from cancer. My sons and I were not included in the will and I don't understand why. Is there any way we can contest the will. Do we have any legal right to part of his estate? We live in Wi and he lived in Indiana.

Asked on 6/30/15, 10:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Yes, although time is often short to do it, there are several grounds for contesting wills in WI, including improper execution of signatures, lack of testamentary capacity, and undue influence. Talk to a lawyer right away to see if any of these challenges might be viable in your case.

Answering this question does not make me your lawyer, and I would normally not do anything else on your case without additional arrangements, although you can ask for clarifications here or also see my past answers to similar questions at View over fifteen years of past answers at or Answers may contain attorney advertising materials. .

Read more
Answered on 7/02/15, 4:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin