Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

In Wisconsin, can anyone other than the deceased's representative file a lawsuit on behalf of the deceased? The deceased in this case was never married and had no children. One sibling is alive but is not the deceased's named representative.

Asked on 6/12/15, 7:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Yes, any concerned party can begin the lawsuit requesting administration of the estate. However, the notice requirements are complex and you may not succeed without help from an experienced estate planning attorney.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see my past answers to similar questions on Law Guru at View other past answers at Answers may contain attorney advertising materials. .

Read more
Answered on 6/12/15, 11:57 am
JAY Nixon nixon law offices

P.S. If you are talking about a different sort of lawsuit, such as wrongful death, then only a duly appointed legal representative can file the lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/15, 3:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin