Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

i am the pr for my moms estate, would like to know if i can sign my name to the title or if the title has to be in my name first before i can sell

Asked on 12/12/15, 6:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

The powers of a PR (personal representative), flow from the court, so anything that you do in terms of selling or transferring the property of the decedent needs to be backed by a court order. Assuming all of that is all done correctly, then you would still use your own name, but in your professional capacity as PR. If you are involved in a formal probate proceeding, most people would need the assistance of a lawyer.

Answering this question does not make me your lawyer, but you can still post comments here for clarifications, etc. or contact me in person for same. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . See 15 years of past answers at, or go to . for more. Answers may contain attorney advertising materials..

Read more
Answered on 12/13/15, 4:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin