Legal Question in Immigration Law in Wyoming

my friend is an illegal alien and in jail for $800 check forgery, his wife and kids just got here and are greencard holders, they were supposed to get married, can they still bail him out? will his wife get in trouble w/ their citizenship application? if they get married will he still be deported? he entered usa legally, his working visa is expired

Asked on 2/08/15, 2:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

These are all great questions and unfortunately all too routine. I'd suggest having the "wife" (and I put that in quotes since you also state that "they were supposed to get married) contact counsel immediately as there does appear to be a path through this. It does, just from the bare bones facts presented, appear to be a naturalization matter, an adjustment of status case to be filed and possible with a waiver. As well, there appears to be work to be done in the removal case as well. Please have your friend contact counsel immediately.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/15, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Wyoming