Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nebraska

Was served a summons for debt collection and noticed as we were reading through the petition that there is information that is incorrect...what are our options

Asked on 3/26/12, 6:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matt Jenkins DeMars, Gordon, Olson, Zalewski and Wynner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file an answer and dispute the complaint (you have 30 days from the time of service to do so). However, unless the incorrect information is material, then success is unlikely. It may be worth your while to contact opposing counsel to try and negotiate a settlement. Your best bet would be to have a consultation with a consumer law or bankruptcy attorney to explore all available options (most attorneys that specialize in that area do it for free).

Read more
Answered on 4/06/12, 8:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nebraska

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now