Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

I have filed a case in Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) for improvement of my gradings of my ACRs & APARs which I got through RTI. There are many uncommunicated and false adverse remarks, backdated entries, attachment of fabricated reports and severe tampering with my ACRs. Besides I am being severely harasses and mentally tortured. My query is: can I file a CRIMINAL case against my those superiors who were/are indulged in such acts while the CAT case is going on? If yes, then how; and if no, then what is the remedy against their such acts and harassment & mental torture to me? Please reply in detail. With thanks and best regards.

Asked on 10/20/13, 10:26 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In a criminal proceeding, mens rea or motive is ascertained. If there is a motive on their part, a criminal case may be filed. Apart from that if you succeed in getting an order in your favour in CAT, you stand a good chance to file both criminal and civil defamation. To give u a concrete opinion I need to see the case file and whole facts.


Read more
Answered on 10/20/13, 11:21 pm
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should wait for the result of the CAT case and then act accordingly.


Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 3:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now