Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in India

Hello sir, I am Sandeep gautam. I have passed Hsc at Mumbai in 2011 with 49.17% having subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Computer science. I want to take admission in 1st year B.E. Course in Mumbai. According to Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai eligibility of 1st year engineering is passed HSC with having 45% in Physics, chemistry and mathematics. I have less then 45% in PCM. According to DTE, Mumbai I am not eligible for 1st year engineering admission. But according to All India council of Technical Education if a student passed HSC with Physics and Mathematics and having one of the optional subjects like Chemistry, Bio-technology, Biology and technical vocational subjects he is eligible for admission in 1st year engineering admission. And I have Computer science subject in my HSC which qualifies as technical vocational subjects (Reference: Karnataka high court have already said that computer science and electronics qualifies as technical vocational subjects). what I do? Can I file petition in Bombay high court?

Asked on 5/09/13, 11:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

All colleges want student with merits, hence, no court can force a University or a college to admit a student with lower credentials and drop a student with higher credentials. You may be able to get admission outside India. Courts cannot help you in this, as this is not a matter of right, that you get admission in a particular course.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now