Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in India

Hello sir, I am Sandeep gautam. I have passed Hsc at Mumbai in 2011 with 49.17% having subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Computer science. I want to take admission in 1st year B.E. Course in Mumbai. According to Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai eligibility of 1st year engineering is passed HSC with having 45% in Physics, chemistry and mathematics. I have less then 45% in PCM. According to DTE, Mumbai I am not eligible for 1st year engineering admission. But according to All India council of Technical Education if a student passed HSC with Physics and Mathematics and having one of the optional subjects like Chemistry, Bio-technology, Biology and technical vocational subjects he is eligible for admission in 1st year engineering admission. And I have Computer science subject in my HSC which qualifies as technical vocational subjects (Reference: Karnataka high court have already said that computer science and electronics qualifies as technical vocational subjects). what I do? Can I file petition in Bombay high court?

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

All colleges want student with merits, hence, no court can force a University or a college to admit a student with lower credentials and drop a student with higher credentials. You may be able to get admission outside India. Courts cannot help you in this, as this is not a matter of right, that you get admission in a particular course.

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in India

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA