India  |  Banking Law

One of my best friend has offered me 15crores as a gift! She will be depositing that huge amount as a cheque in my account within a month or so. Both of our bank accounts are in different branches of the same nationalized bank. She is offering this amount to me absolutely as a gift with no liability or whatsoever.

Since she is not a blood relative and only a best friend (yearning for my future welfare and making my dreams come true) and residing in different part of the country, what are the legal consequences (including later enquiry and clarification that may needed in future) for such a deed. She will bedepositing in person her 'gift cheque' while I am with her, what are the precautions or procedure to the same. Whether a 'gift deed' letter should be made at the time of the deposit? If so, what is the format for 'gift deed' document. Should I approach a lawyer along with her before the deed. What documents should I need in hand when inquiry comes from IT or elsewhere.

I will greatly appreciate if some on can give me definite answer.

Thank you.....

Vinayak Raju

India