India  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/27/13, 11:02 pm

my parents got divorced when i was 4 years old.then my surname is S.chakraborty.When I turn into the age of 11 mother got married again and i was adopted and my surname changed (S.Dey) Since then my all document carries the name the 2007 2nd marriage of my mother broke and my adoption cancelled.

now I am 26years old .i want to use my own surname witch is Chakraborty.Is that possible if yes how?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/28/13, 4:06 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Sir / Madam,

A child always adopts his / her father's name and surname by birth; a male child never ever changes his name during his entire lifetime, a female child adopts her husband's surname after her marriage. So your real surname ought to be S Chakraborty which may be mentioned on your Birth Certificate and also your School Leaving Certificate. A gazette notification and advertisement may be given to establish your real name, in one English and one vernacular newspaper.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search