India  |  Construction Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/14/13, 3:32 am

i was having a property with my brother in chennai corporation limit 2400 sqfit and we have built house of 1200 sqfit gr floor and 1200 sqfit first floor and we are not made any documents for building so for.Now my elder brother wants to sell his share how it is advice and what step i should take to maintain the present states.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/14/13, 10:33 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Sir / Madam,

If the title deeds of the property for each of the floors is in your respective names, I see no harm in your brother selling his floor to a third party. You should ensure that the title of the land vests in your name, so that any further possible development rights on the land will vest with you.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search