Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

My brother's wife has filed a case under section 12 DV act . They stay in West Bengal. She has included the name against all my family members including me, though I stay in Hyderabad for service since 2002. Before that also I was in DELHI from 1992 to 2002. How shall I be affected by this case and what should I do?

Asked on 7/02/13, 1:51 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you may consult a lawyer in person.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 9:15 pm
Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may approach the appropriate court and file your version. If considered appropriate, you may also seek deletion of your name from the case.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 4:26 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

if u will not pursue then court may make any decision against you and you have to follow the same.

But in this situation, you may approach the court and quash this petition and your name will be deleted.

Good luck


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 11:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now