Legal Question in Family Law in India

I have been engaged on 12th of April, and the girls family has offered me money by bank cheque for arranging the function from our side which i did. later they again gave money by bank cheque for Advance booking of party hall and other things, which i again did. Now since they have broken the engagement, They are asking their money and gifts back. can theu sue me for asking dowry, though it was for arranging their affairs.

Asked on 6/18/13, 12:39 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

dear client u have proof of money given so then can sue u for dowry case if u will not pay their money back. for any legal help call me via path legal


Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 6:06 am

dear client..

Yes they can do so ... for any query mail me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 12:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India