India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/10/13, 11:56 pm

My father-in-law wants me to leave my home.He tried many things to spoil my relationship with my husband but I am still not ready to give divorce to him.My father-in-law wants that we leave the house and go and stay on rent and he is ready to pay the rent for 1 yr. When my father said that if the rent is paid for 5 yrs we can stay on rent to which he denied.After nothing concluded from this, now my father-in-law is saying that he wants to sell his house and purchase a plot where he will set his industry and use all money received from selling house in purchasing machines and setting up factory. My husband and father-in-law will jointly run this factory.So now he says that we all will have to stay on rent till some profit is earned and new house is purchased. I have a doubt that he is doing all this to throw me away from his house and property.Can I ask him to sign some legal documents before selling the house so that my right is protected. Also, can I claim anything in his property since the house that we live in is in his name only and he purchased it by selling the ancestors property.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search