Legal Question in Family Law in India

my husband deserted me for 7 years ,he is in US now,we dont know any details about him now,as he neglected me and my kid ,he already file divorce case,now i am also decided for separation legally ,is my decision correct.

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group

Dear M'am,

There is no point in continuing such a relationship. There are a number of grounds under Section 13 of HMA to apply for divorce. You can file petition for divorce on the grounds of cruelty, no resumption of co-habitation and desertion. Since both of you are in favour of divorce then please consider the option of divorce by mutual consent too. A related issue is to obtain court orders for custody of the child and alimony. Consult some good lawyer in your area.

I have specialization in multi-jurisdictional divorce and international child custody battles. Please feel free to contact me by email: [email protected]

Regards,

MUKESH RALHAN, ADVOCATE

dear client after seven years waiting he is not returning back then yr decision is correct. u can file divorce on the ground of desertion. for any legal help call me on 9422611385

ADV PRASAD PATIL

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India