India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/06/13, 10:12 pm

Learned Gentlemen,

I'm seeking this advise on behalf of a good friend. The situation is as under:

1. M and W were married 14 years ago.

2. They were not interested in children, but a daughter came, through not by planning. On pregnancy W insisted on retaining.

3. Since then they have been living just as Co-inhabitants of the house.

4. W's behaviour has resulted in M's mother, a widow, leaving the house and living in an Ashram.

5. M is aggrieved which is reflecting in his work. Though a top B School grad, he is hardly making money to survive.

6. W is a government official, highly paid.

7. The house in which they stay is M's, purchased out proceeds of ancestral property and personal income.

8. W is not interested in separation as it suits her image as a senior married government official. She has a place to stay.

Advise matter

1. What is the way ahead?

2. What are the legal provisions for property? Does W have a right? Would M have to sell it off, even when W is entitled to government accommodation?

3. What are the rights of M for his daughter?

Please advise,


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search