Legal Question in Immigration Law in India

i applied for passport 3 months back but i have a court case pending against me under section 294, 506 and sc-st act. to get a passport i need get noc from district court i filed an application for it but due to strike of lawyers i was given the next date 12/11/13. but i need go abroad in october-november for further studies. i also filed an application for urgent hearing of my passport application but judge refused saying that in an criminal case i can'nt give any urgent date. the judge is also not rejecting my application. if i dont get passport in 15 days it will ruin my one year i will have to sit at home. so i want to know that if i can directly file an application for noc in high court(punjab and haryana) without wating for decision at district court citing my urgency? what are my chances of getting a noc???

Asked on 9/06/13, 3:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can only make an application to High Court requesting it to direct the District Court to expeditiously dispose off your application.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 6:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now