Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

my grandfather sold ancestral property without our permission I want my share in my property. I want to file case but I don,t have idea about it

Asked on 6/14/13, 11:33 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

If the property was in the name of your grandfather, he does not need your permission to sell it. It is immaterial whether the property was ancestral or self acquired as long as your grandfather had an absolute title to the property. You do not have any legal recourse.


Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 5:09 am
Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Sir,

If the property was ancestral and you can prove that then, your grandfather can not sell the same without any necessity and you can file a suit for declaration that the said sale made by your Grandfather was illegal and also an Injunction petition restraining the present occupier from alienating the suit property.


Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 12:24 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you may go for cancellation of the sale and seek partition of the ancestral property.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 12:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Intellectual Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now